The ultimate guide to Round Lab’s Dokdo line - part 1: Skincare for clean, smooth skin.
Feb 10, 2023
At this point, you guys know how much we love Ulleungdo Deep Sea Water - our hero ingredient of the 1025 Dokdo line. We have been praising, singing, and serenading this ingredient for awhile now.
Heck, this one ingredient alone inspired us to come up with 9 unique, amazing products. So let us recommence our song today with a fresh verse and walk you through our selection of the 1025 Dokdo line.
Our guide below will help you find the right Dokdo skincare that will guarantee to make you sing along too. So get ready fam!
Respect and reclaim healthy skin barrier: Dokdo Cleansing Oil and Cleanser
Need a break from cleansers that strip you tight and dry? The 1025 Dokdo Cleansing Oil and Cleanser is here for your new and improved cleansing routine.
1025 Dokdo Cleansing Oil
If you've been put off by the idea of oil cleansing being greasy, especially if you already have oily skin, the Dokdo Cleansing Oil is gonna change your mind.
What to love:
- Lightweight and leave no residue: No greasy feeling that weighs down your skin, nor having to use your elbow grease to work the product on and off. You'll find the Dokdo Oil glides and emulsifies effortlessly with just a gentle, relaxing massage.
- Take off gunk, keep moisture in: A formula chock full of skin-loving oils - Evening Primrose, Avocado, Grapeseed, and Macadamia seed oil, this fabulous oil blend melts off makeup, sunscreen, and cleans off any impurities left in your pores while keeping your skin supple and soft.
- Promote healthy skin barrier: The oil contains humectants like Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, and amino acids like Arginine, Alanine, Proline, and Glutamic Acid. The ingredient list is a potent mix of goodies that deeply hydrate and strengthen the skin barrier.
Tips: Apply the oil on dry skin and rinse off with lukewarm water for the most effective cleanse.
1025 Dokdo Cleanser
Hydrating cleansers, a lot of time, can be boooring! No foam or bubbles, what's the fun in that?
It's like you have to trade one for the other, which, in this age and day of modern skincare, it's ridiculous that you have to waste time choosing when you can have it all. At least, with the Dokdo Cleanser, you can.
What to love:
- Luscious foam with plentiful hydration: With a delightful combination of Ulleungdo Sea Water, Beta Glucan, and Ceramide NP, the Dokdo Cleanser refreshes your skin by removing dirt, dust and provides soothing hydration at the same time.
- A little goes a long way: A bit of this thick cream can whip up a lather generous enough for your face and neck. Budget-wise, it's a steal as this little cleanser will last for months.
- All skin-friendly: If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin, you will be particularly fond of this cleanser. That said, we have seen skin types of all spectrums naming Dodkdo Cleanser their holy grail.
*We've heard from the grapevine of the Internet that dry skin on Tretinoin may still find this cleanser lacking in the winter. If this is you, skip the Dokdo cleanser and opt for the Birch Moisturizing Cleanser instead.
Mud pack that doesn't crack: Dokdo Mud Pack
There are mud packs that suck your pores dry in the name of sebum control.
If you know the rule of oil-water balance in skin moisture, those mud packs kinda kill the buzz of good moisture level.
The Dokdo Mud Pack does things a bit differently. Thanks to the superb mix of purifying power and hydration, this mud pack will give you finer pores, matt (not drying) and still supple skin. Truly a dream mask for oily-skin users.
What to love:
- Clean up sebum without stripping: The mask comes with the trusty duo of Kaolin and Bentonite clay to soak up the sebum and hydrating ingredients like Glycerin, Allantoin, and Panthenol to compensate and replenish any dryness.
- Contain Lactobacillus for redness relief: A delightful probiotic that reduces redness and strengthens the skin barrier's function.
- Easy application and removal: Say goodbye to those days of hovering over the sink, elbow-dripping, splashing, and rubbing the crackling plaster of clay mask. The Dokdo Mud Pack's soft texture takes care of your skin barrier and your back.
Tips: Apply an exfoliating toner, such as the Round Lab Pine Calming Cica pad, 5–10 minutes prior to using the Dokdo Mud Pack for the best results in clearing up blackheads.
That's it, Round Lab lovelies!
Our guide to Dokdo line part 1 ends here. In part 2, our talk will continue with Dokdo's skin conditioning products. Toners, lotions, serums, and more wonderful products await you to explore right here.