The ultimate guide to Round Lab’s Dokdo line - part 2: Skincare for healthy, radiant skin
Feb 10, 2023
Glad to see you here with us again, lovelies!
We have tons more to talk about the incredible products of the Dokdo line.
(If you're new to the guide, welcome! This is a two parts series, so to access part 1, you can click right here to learn about Round Lab Dokdo's cleansing and purifying solutions.)
In part 2, it's all about skincare that condition your skin.
As you may be aware, we are CRAAAAZYY about hydration and moisturization, so it'll be quite a list ahead. That means there is something for everyone in our treasure trove.
Without further ado, let's hop to it!
Hydration when it hits hot and humid: Dokdo Toner, Dokdo Lotion
Can we all agree that summer is the most dreadful season for combination and oily skin? Dull, leathery skin with a topping of oil slick just doesn't spark joy. It's screaming dehydration, and it's time for you to Marie Kondo it out.
With Dokdo Toner and Dokdo Lotion, chucking out dehydration is as simple as chugging these Round Lab's specialized drinks onto your skin.
And yet, quenching your dehydrated skin is just one of many different ways these products can serve you.
1025 Dokdo Toner
There's simply not enough space on this post for us to talk about our love for toners, much less Dodko Toner. It's our most well-known and best-selling product after all.
But we'll give you our best shot.
What to love:
- Supercharged water for sensitive, eczema-prone skin: Concentrated with healing magic from Ulleungdo Sea minerals and irritation relief goodies - Allantoin, Betaine, Panthenol, this potion sinks in and revitalizes your skin for a brighter, even complexion and a more resilient skin barrier.
- Quickflash absorbency: No stickiness, like at all!
- Smooth skin without flakiness or irritation: The toner contains our patented exfoliating Protease enzyme, which is accommodating for even the most sensitive skin.
Tips: For plump, dewy skin, use Dokdo toner with the 7-skin method.
1025 Dokdo Lotion
No greasiness, no frills, this lotion gives you a simple, balanced hydration that won't make you dread putting it on during humid summer days.
What to love:
- A perfect touch of balanced moisture: Fusing a group of all-star Hyaluronic Acid types and Squalane, the Dokdo Lotion replenishes your dehydrated skin and gives you a satin-like complexion.
- Lightweight yet long-lasting: It delivers a 24-hour moisture barrier with Hydrogenated Polydecene, Macadamia Oil, and Jojoba Esters in a thin, milky essence-like texture.
Tips: To achieve smooth, glowy makeup without filters, mix the Dokdo Lotion with your foundation in a ratio of 1:1 or 2:1.
Water bomb in a bottle: Dokdo Ampoule
Have dry skin that never seems to drink enough or dry patches every now and then? The Dokdo Ampoule will blast your concern far and away.
What to love:
- Watery in texture yet bountiful in skin nutrients: The formula marries Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrogenated Lecithin, and Algae Extract to swiftly plump up dryness and dehydration creases. It also contains Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Betaine, and Panthenol to calm skin irritation and fight against inflammation.
- Repairs compromised skin barrier: The ampoule has Ceramide NP to help heal and fortify the skin barrier.
Tips: For combination - dry skin, use the ampoule as a booster with your moisturizer.
Dry skin, dry weather must-have: Dokdo Cream
Dry skin, extremely dry, sensitive skin, and compromised skin barrier.
If you fall into either of these categories, the Dokdo Cream is what you've been looking for.
What to love:
- Patch up damaged skin barrier: Enriched with 4 Ceramides, Cholesterol, and Phytosphingosine, this cream is the Avengers team of skin barrier reinforcement.
- Quell skin dryness and calm skin sensitivity: While Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid fill up the skin with hydration, the trio of Allantoin, Panthenol, and Beta Glucan carries soothing waves to relieve red, irritated skin.
- Breathable wrap to prevent TEWL: When dry weather hits dry skin, you need a physical barrier to fight against Transepidermal Water Loss. Come Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, and Caprylyl Methicone.
These silicones are not to be feared. Though they create a thin film on your skin, this barrier is permeable and essential for combating moisture loss. And with Shea Butter, the Dokdo Cream gives your supple, dry crease-free, and healthy skin throughout the autumn and winter months.
Tips: A word of wisdom from Instagram's favorite dermatologist - Dr. Shereen Idriss: Layer a Glycerin based cream under saran wrap to moisturize and smooth out under eye area.
And you already know which moisturizer is perfect for the job. ↑ ↑ ↑
Radiant skin overnight: Dokdo Sleeping Pack
We all, at least once, wish that with just a good night's sleep, our problems will be gone, and we'll wake up to perfect, beautiful skin.
Well, while we can do wonders, our Round Lab team does have our limitations when it comes to creating magic in real life. However, when it comes to matters of the skin, we do believe that yes, we can make your skin better overnight.
No magic or pixie dust, we're afraid. Only science, with the Dokdo Sleeping Pack.
What to love:
- Activate skin repairing activity with Derma Clock technology: On the ingredient list, this technology can be founder under Aqua (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Trichosanthes Kirilowii Root Extract.
The name "Derma Clock" indicates these components' ability to normalize disturbed biological rhythm, which results in skin UV protecting and repairing activation and minimizes wrinkles. In other, less scienc-y words, it restores and enhances your skin's vitality and radiance.
- Exfoliating action that won't upset sensitive skin: The Dokdo Sleeping Pack contains Lactobionic Acid - a PHA, which has antioxidant properties and a gentle dead skin removal performance. Due to its large molecular structure that doesn't penetrate too deep into the skin, Lactobionic Acid is favored by sensitive skin users as a safe active to clean up pore congestion and lighten hyperpigmentation.
- Have gel texture: This fast-absorbing consistency is perfect for acne-prone skin tip-toeing into the ground of sleeping pack/ sleeping mask. Though it leaves a thin film on your skin to prevent moisture loss, you won't wake up with a greasy face. Instead, what you'll find in the morning is fresh, smooth, glowing skin.
Tips: Following a night with the sleeping pack, always remember to use a cleanser in the morning.
Everything, everywhere, all at once: Dokdo Sheet Mask
If you're looking for a pick-me-up for special occasions, this is it! This multitasking sheet mask does everything for you to get to that glass skin goal.
Just sit back, mask on, relax, and let the Dokdo Sheet Mask take care of the rest.
What to love:
- Hydrate and soothe at the same time: The sheet mask is drenched in 8 types of Hyaluronic Acid, soothing ingredients, and a variety of brilliant amino acids, which provides deep hydration that results in velvety skin.
- Contain Round Lab's exclusive Protease enzyme: This one-of-a-kind exfoliant is gentle enough for sensitive skin. Yet, effective enough to shed dull, dead skin cells for finer pores and a more even complexion.
- Stellar absorption: Made of Biodegradable Cellulose, the Dokdo Sheet Mask has a superior delivery system that retains moisture and promotes absorption unlike any masks of other materials.
- Superb adherence: The mask allows you to have more freedom to move around compared with traditional paper sheet masks that lock you to a seat with your face up for 20 minutes.
It feels like your second skin, breathable, and leaves no surfaces for air bubbles, which makes it an excellent choice for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Tips: Pop the mask in the fridge before using for a better calming and cooling effect.
And there you go, our full list of Round Lab's Dokdo collection!
Have you decided on the one for your skin? Is there a special name that caught your eye?
….Or is it the dilemma of wanting too many?
For that, you must check out our Dokdo On The Go Kit. With just one purchase, you'll get three of Dokdo most popular products (the cleanser, the toner, and the lotion) to test out, to travel with, and to gift the skin junkies in your life.
Whether it's a treat for yourself or a present for others, we believe you'll find happiness and satisfaction either way.